F1 visa is issued to   international students who attend English language program or any other academic program at a US university or college. Students who go to US on an F1 visa must maintain a minimum course load for full-time student status. They are allowed to stay in the US for up to 60 days beyond the duration of their academic program, to increase the duration of their stay beyond 60 days of course ending date they must get permission from the appropriate state authorities and work for a period of time under the OTP Program.

In order to qualify for F1 Visa, applicants need to satisfy several criteria during the visa interview and filing process. The criteria include but not limited to the following:

Foreign residence
F-1 applicants must have a foreign residence and must intend to return to their home country   after the completion of their academic program.

Sponsoring institution
While on the F-1 visa, the students must only study at the academic institution through  which the visa has been granted.

Financial support
Students must be able to prove that they have the funds required to sustain their education and living expenses in US.

Ties to home country
Applicants must show that they have strong ties to their home country. Strong ties include: An offer letter from a company in their home country to prove that the applicant is going to US with the sole purpose of attaining education and will return to join work after the course is completed, assets, family’s financial status, and, Bank balance.

Admission requirements
Different universities have different admission policies. Each university tells their applicant what they need to determine if the applicant is academically eligible. Another requirement is that the applicant needs to show the university/college that he/she has enough money to support studies without having to work. Once the university/college determines that the application is complete and the applicant is academically eligible, they will issue an I-20 form to enable the applicants to apply for an F-1student visa.
If you are looking forward to applying for an academic course or an English language program in the U.S., applying for an F-1 student visa can be useful. 


Popular posts from this blog

India’s best IELTS training institute comes to Jagraon


Ways to do well in the IELTS speaking test