Tips to prepare for IELTS Writing Test
It is very important to practice the Writing Test regularly as it plays a predominant role in your overall IELTS band requirement.
Here are some tips that will help you with the preparation of IELTS Writing TEST.
- Properly analyse each tasks and spend some time in preparing notes for the same.
- Always plan your answers.
- Remember to highlight the keywords in the task so that you do not lose focus on what you have to do.
- It is recommended to use paragraphs clearly. Make it a habit to put one idea in each paragraph.
- Never copy the same sentence from the question. You will not be allotted any marks for doing so.
- Never repeat the same idea using different words.
- Stay focused and write on the topic under discussion.
- Learn to manage time. Remember, task 2 carries twice the marks than task 1.
- It is recommended to spend 20 minutes on task 1 and approximately 40 minutes on task 2.
- Keep a check on the word count in each task. You will lose marks if you do not write at least 150 words in task 1 and 250 words in task 2.
- Write your answers in full. Marks will be deducted for answers written in bullets form or so.
- Make use of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuations.
- Do not make use of informal language.
- It is recommended to spend several minutes proof reading what you have written.
Following the above mentioned tips, you will be able to attempt your Writing Task with confidence and clarity.
Touchstone focuses on your dream of studying abroad and leads you towards it. The growth with which it is expanding is the outcome of its result oriented approach. So if you want to study abroad, join Touchstone and live your dream.